Updated: November 24, 2021
Updated October 8, 2021
The safety, protection and well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority. Staff members are wearing proper protective equipment in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines and best practices. Due to the rise of COVID-19 cases across the state and within our local communities, and at the recommendation from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), masks are required for all employees, regardless of vaccination status, at all times while indoors at Masonic Villages (all campuses), except when in work spaces or offices alone. In addition, all employees will be required to mask when driving with others in Masonic Village vehicles. We also continue to encourage physical distancing in all areas where possible.
We continue to follow recommendations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) and Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (PA DHS) for COVID-19 testing of staff and residents, visitation, small group activities and dining services. Screening of residents, including symptom and temperature monitoring, is ongoing and will continue at least daily. Screening of staff (direct care, contracted staff) is also ongoing at the beginning of each shift, including symptom and temperature monitoring. Staff are also asked to self-screen during their shift and immediately suspend work should any symptoms occur.
In the event of a positive case(s), we have established a quarantine procedure and are able to isolate residents to a specific area of the facility, according to guidance from CMS and PA DOH.
For information regarding the current Interim Guidance for Skilled Nursing Facilities during COVID-19 in Pennsylvania, please visit: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Guidance/SNF-Guidance.aspx or https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Guidance/LTCF-Visitors.aspx
For information related to Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Office of Long-term Living guidelines for Personal Care, please visit: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/coronavirus/Pages/OLTL-Interim-Guidance-for-PCH-ALR-ICF.aspx
Thank you for your continued patience and support through this unprecedented, challenging time.
Based on the Department of Health’s recommendations, contact tracing will still be conducted when a case of COVID-19 is identified; however, only those affected will be quarantined instead of entire neighborhoods, as was previously required. The following is now in effect:
- Visitation: If your loved one is not in a quarantined room, you may call to schedule your visit.
- Visitors should wear well-fitted masks and physically distance from other health care personnel and other residents/visitors who are not part of their group at all other times while in the building.
- Regardless of vaccination status, it is safest for everyone to maintain physical distancing and to wear masks. When visiting in a resident’s room, if all parties are vaccinated and the resident is in agreement, they do not need to wear a mask and may have physical contact (hug) during their visit.
- Visits are limited to the resident’s room or designated location on the neighborhood (if your loved one lives in a semi-private room). If you choose to take your loved outside, you may do so.
Following Your Visit
- Please monitor yourself for signs and symptoms of any respiratory infection for the next 14 days, including fever, shortness of breath, cough, nausea, vomiting, and/or sore throat. If symptoms occur, please call us for further screening and instructions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact Kelly Shrum, Executive Director, at 215-672-2500, ext. 112 if you have any questions or need additional information.